Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Raw Vote Part One

This is not a coherent post. This is just me writing while I watch Super Tuesday unfold.

Right now Huckabee is addressing the people of AK and Hillary is said to have "beat the Kennedy famiily" by winning Massachusetts. She won New York, New Jersey and all kinds of other shit. The delegate count is still super tight.

I personally am California Dreaming. Hoping for a Latino vote miracle which seems improbably since they report that she is winning that by 60 per cent.

He is kicking it up a notch at carrying whites, white males, women, and Latinos are going 60 per cent con Hillary. Well....

In independents, get this, Obama is like 60 to 30. You tell me who will be the tougher candidate for Republicans to beat? Exactly, our guy.

Some thoughts that I am having is that it's looking like young people are not showing up in the numbers they've shown up to see him speak to vote for him. And this is not the election for that scenario to reprise itself.

I am thinking that for all the talk about a change the boomers hold the night by simply doing what they always do-show up to vote. Over 40 yr olds, over 60 yr olds.

Obama just won North Dakota caucus if you must know. Alabama and Georgia made us as proud as South Carolina. Go New South.

The Black Vote is present and I am proud of it.

A friend just asked me how I am feeling. It's 9:45 PM now and I told her: "I am not prepared to lose." That pretty much is how I am feeling: like the world has no room for things not to go our way. For instance, what would I tell my son?!!

Pulling slowly away from my belly button though, the drama of the Republicans with the front runner everyone loves to hate McCain--wow! Red states don't play: they are unforgiving.

Speaking of red states, Hillary's campaign sent out "spin" memos outlining how contrary to what had been claimed "by the Obama campaign" she can carry "red states"; the entire Red Punditry cracked up when they heard that shit and said some version, "yesh right, try to win AK in November."

In terms of RAW VOTE TODAY only a few hundred thousand votes separate Hillary and and Obama both being around 2 million plus votes, and only about 4 delegates; this is now 10:20.

The question of the day is--is wait, before that--CAN I STOP HEARING HILLARY CAMP TELL ME THAT THEY DID SO WELL WITH THE LATINO VOTE??

The question of the day is--wait, how much do I love Chris Matthews?

But really, the question of the day is WHO WILL WIN CALIFORNIA?

The whole aportioning of delegates thing is really stressing me out.